9.22.2009

my cLementine...

for thee i pray
this one request
t'was long ago
with little rest

remember whence
those days of old
forgotten stories
doest be told

for me i pray
please now do sell
those stories long
i bid thee tell

the rain did'st come
the sun did'st shine
please tell me now
dear clementine

t'was it whence
thy father called
beckoned thee
to him be named

t'were you his child
so full of grace
a small still smile
upon thy face

tell me how
sweet clementine
for once you sat
upon the shore

wept a tear...
...forevermore

silenced in thy tears
...dear one

calming hallow fears
...but one

oh, please to tell
dear clementine
secrets of thine
my clementine

what say thee not
thou do not know
secrets of old
so long ago

remember now
dear clementine
remember soon
for peace be thine...

No comments :

Post a Comment