1.24.2012

Year of the Logo...

Happy Chinese New Year!!! We have now entered the Year of the Dragon, last year being the Year of the Rabbit. BUT according to my work load, 2011 was the Year of the Logo. I had over a dozen new or revised logos to design for different clients. It was a very fun new challenge for my portfolio.

Today I would like to share with you the last of my 2011 Logo designs, and I just LOVE how this one turned out. I was contacted by owner of Body of Work Massage as a referral from a previous client of mine. (Can I just say that I love meeting new clients through referral!) She was in the process of looking for a fun simple logo with a nature/earthy look to it. We played with some plant images, leaf images, bird images... but nothing was striking as "The One".

UNTIL... Kristina, the owner, sends me this wonderful photo of a statue she has in her office, wondering if we could somehow incorporate this image instead. I immediately loved it and knew that we had to try to get it to work with our logo ideas. After a little tweaking and refining we came up with a simple little figurine that fits so perfectly with the look and feel that she was going for. Just goes to show that we can start a project with one idea in mind and come out with something so different but LOVE it even more!

So without further ado, here it is. ENJOY, and best of luck in this new Year of the Dragon!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment