4.26.2012

The Art of Kente...

Have I ever mentioned how much I love artsy things? Yep, its true. I am a big fan of all things colored, textured, bold, matching, painted, sculpted, danced, created.. Artsy!!!!  I wish I was multitalented enough to be an expert of all forms of art. But, alas, I am not. I do however have lots of artsy friends who, every once in a while, I get to help out and design something fun to help promote their amazing artistic gifts.

This project was certainly one of those fun artist to artist projects. A wonderfully talented friend of mine is an amazing artist. From painting to drawing to weaving.. this girl rocks! One of her newest adventures is taking her thesis project and love of Kente cloth (an intricately patterned and symbolic textile woven by the Asante and Ewe peoples of Ghana and Togo), and has started giving classes, presentations and workshops about this beautiful cloth. She recently asked me to design her a brochure to help market what she does and get people interested in learning more about the art of Kente.

I loved this project, so colorful and different. And I even got to learn more about the process of this beautifully woven art form.

Thanks Rhonda for letting me help display and market some of your amazing talents!

ENJOY!

No comments :

Post a Comment