2.07.2012

To Witness a Miracle...

Last week I had a first. A phone call I had been dreading and anticipating for a while. It was time. The baby was on his way. The snow was falling, the roads were slick.. but I was headed out the door to the unknown. Little did I know I was about to witness a miracle...

A few weeks ago I was asked by a very dear friend (and fellow photographer) if I would be on call for this big day. Her sister was a few weeks away from the delivery of a miracle baby... one who had been given both ends of the spectrum on his chances of survival after he was born. They wanted me to be there when this little baby boy arrived to capture the unknown. I know my friend would have love to be there with her camera in hand loving and supporting her sister... but circumstances would not allow this. So she chose me to take her place.

Honored, Yes. Scared, Yes. Emotional.. YOU BET

The very thought of facing the unknown with our children is something every mother dreads. But the thought of not having those photographic memories of those first precious moments of life is something I knew I could help with... even through the tears.

Last Thursday the call finally came. I jumped in the car and headed downtown in the middle of a blizzard. Not at all sure what I was getting myself into.

BUT GOD IS GOOD!!!!!

Little Samuel arrived just minutes after I got to the hospital. I saw him for the first time as they wheeled him to the NICU. No tubes. No monitors. No lights and sirens. No running nurses... I thought for a second that they must have the wrong baby. He looked perfect! Even the Doctors have said that if they had not seen the scans before he was born they would think he was a perfectly normal little boy. WOW!

I am still in awe of this while situation and so blessed that I was there to capture Samuel's first hours here on earth. Against all odds this little life is a true miracle. A living, breathing, cute as a button miracle.

Here are just a few of the precious moments I was honored to share with Samuel and his family.

ENJOY!!!!
Welcome to the World little man. May you continue to be an inspiration and a miraculous blessing to all who meet you!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment