12.21.2010

Christmas Countdown #4...

INTO THE HOMES OF THE BROKEN...

I just love BIG families, I know I have mentioned it before, but it is still true!

I love family extensions, you know the kind where friends are really just as close as family.

I love cultural families, the ones with the beautifully colorful mix in their family photo.

AND I love families with BIG hearts...

When I was little my parents hosted International Students from the local University. I was always around new languages and cultures flying around my house, and when I look back on my childhood these are the fond memories that come to mind. I am so grateful for my parents for introducing me to how small this world really is at such a young age. And I get so excited when I see families with BIG hearts introducing their children to the same.

Todays Christmas Countdown melts my heart for how BIG the hearts of this continually growing family are. I am so honored to be connected with these wonderful lives and am blessed to not only call them friends, but family as well.

ENJOY, and Merry Christmas to all you BIG hearted families out there!!!!

2 comments :

  1. I had no idea you hosted exchange students!! I worked for a student exchange program...and we hosted i-don't-know-how-many students. I have brothers all over the world!!!!!!!! (I didn't like the girls! haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep... for about 5 years till we left San Diego when I was 7.. It was AWESOME!!! We mostly had guys too, not sure why, but they were great and would use my sis and I as "excuses" for when other girls came calling.. Saying they were already taking out Beth or Crystal on a date.. hehe.. Worked for us, we like ice cream!!!

    ReplyDelete