12.05.2013

Christmas Showcase #5 - A matter of the Heart!

One of my favorite things about being a small business is the opportunities I get to participate in causes that are dear to my heart. As an artist it is hard to find a way to use your abilities to give back at times. I can't build a house. I can't make a fancy dinner for someone. BUT what I can do is make pretty little things from the heart!!!

There is a special place here in Colorado called Upon The Rock Christian Camp that has stolen my heart for the past few years. I am blessed beyond words with this ministry and I know I am not the only one. This year I had the opportunity to "give back" and participate in their annual silent auction. I have participated in this event for a number of years but this year I wanted to try my hand at creating something unique.

I decided to take my Wall Hanging Quotes idea I have been working on this year and customize it for Upon The Rock. Each year at camp there is a theme verse that the kids and counselors memorize as part of the activities for the week. It was this verse that I used to create a special framed print for the auction. I LOVE how it turned out and I almost need to print one up to hang in my own house. Such a beautiful reminder of Gods love for us and our hearts. I am so excited to be able to share this print in our showcase today!!

ENJOY!

No comments :

Post a Comment